As energy bills continue to climb, many homeowners are looking for ways to lower their utility expenses and to make their homes more energy efficient.
8 Ways to Save Money on Your Energy Bill
- Install a “smart” thermostat like a Nest thermostat.
- Take advantage of natural sunlight by opening window treatment during winter months.
- Upgrade to higher-efficiency heating and cooling equipment as well as appliances when the need arises.
- Utilize energy efficient lighting and bulbs.
- Use power strips for electrical devices and turn off when not in use.
- Lower the temperature of your water heater a few degrees.
- Get a tune-up on your air conditioning and heating system.
- Get a home energy audit of your home from a professional HVAC contractor.